UCEED 2017 will be conducted online by Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay on January 22 for admissions to B.Des programmes at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IITDM Jabalpur. UCEED 2017 will be conducted in 2 sessions - Session I will be conducted from 10 am to 1 pm, while Session II (Reserved) will be conducted from 2 pm to 5 pm. Application Form for Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) 2017 is available online from October 17, 2016 to November 11, 2016. However, application forms of UCEED 2017 with late fee of Rs. 500 can be submitted till November 20 (11.45 pm), 2016. UCEED 2017 is a national level examination which is conducted every year to offer admissions to B.Des in IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IITDM Jabalpur campuses. Admission to designing courses is offered to Indian and foreign nationals, who meet the eligibility criteria of IIT Bombay in relation to the admission procedure.
Candidates who wish to appear for UCEED 2017 can check below all the details about eligibility criteria, important dates, exam pattern, procedure to fill application form, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for UCEED 2017
Candidates, including foreign nationals and PIO/OCI card holders, must fulfil each and every one of the following three criteria to appear in UCEED 2016.
CRITERION 1 – AGE LIMIT:
The candidate should have been born on or after October 1, 1997 if belonging to the GEN or OBC-NCL category and on or after October 1, 1992 if belonging to the SC, ST or PwD category.
CRITERION 2 – NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:
A candidate can attempt UCEED for a maximum of two times and that too in consecutive years. Note that UCEED score is valid for one year, and only for admissions in the corresponding academic year.
CRITERION 3 – QUALIFYING EXAMINATION:
The candidate should have passed the qualifying examination (Class XII or equivalent) in 2016, OR appearing in 2017. Those who appeared for the first time in their qualifying examination in 2015 or earlier are NOT eligible.
• The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by a Central or State Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (www.aiuweb.org).
• Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a Board or University recognized by the Association of Indian Universities.
• Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
• Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
• Any Public School, Board or University examination in India or in a foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
• H.S.C. vocational examination.
• A Diploma recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (www.aicte-india.org) or a State Board of Technical Education of at least 3 years duration.
• General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
• High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
• Candidates who have completed Class XII (or equivalent) examination outside India or from a Board not specified above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities to the effect that the examination they have passed is equivalent to the Class XII examination.
• In case the Class XII examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination earlier.
Candidates who are NOT citizens of India at the time of registering for UCEED 2017 (by birth or naturalization) are treated as foreign nationals. Seats allotted to foreign nationals are supernumerary with a cap of 10% of total available seats in the course. The availability of supernumerary seats will be announced at the time of seat allocation.
The seats allotted to OCI/PIO card holders will be under Open category, but not supernumerary. Foreign Nationals and OCI/PIO card holders are outside the ambit of reservations. However, appearing in UCEED is a must for ALL candidates for the admission.
Foreign Nationals and PIO/OCI card holders are required to submit relevant supporting documents at the time online application [see DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR APPLYING FOR UCEED 2017].
Application Fee for UCEED 2017
The application fee structure for UCEED 2017 is as following:
NOTE: As per latest order of Supreme Court of India, third gender includes only trans-genders, eunuchs and hijras. Lesbians, gays and bisexuals need to select either Male or Female option as appropriate.
• The application fee shown above DOES NOT INCLUDE processing fees, service and other charges that the banks may levy.
• Detailed instructions related to the payment of application fee are given on the online application form.
Online Application for UCEED 2017
Candidates should apply for appearing in UCEED 2017. Application can be done ONLY online through the application portal linked from www.uceed.in.
Candidates should satisfy ALL THE THREE eligibility criteria [see ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR APPEARING IN UCEED 2017].
Application will be cancelled if, at a later date, it is found that the candidate does not meet any of the three eligibility criteria.
Application fee [see APPLICATION FEE] is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
It will entirely be the responsibility of the candidate to provide the correct information regarding the qualifying exam and category, and upload the correct documents in the required formats in the application form. Application forms, incomplete in any way, will be summarily rejected and the application will be considered invalid. The admitting institutes have the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of a candidate in accordance with the rules and regulations in force, if it is found that any information provided by the candidate is incorrect or the application is incomplete.
Detailed instructions for the online application are provided on the application portal.
Documents Required for Applying for UCEED 2017
Given below is a list of certificates and other documents that are to be uploaded at the time of online application for UCEED 2017. The certificates must be in the Central Government format as given in the appendix.
• A recent colour photograph of full frontal (face) view, with the head centred in the frame covering 70-80% of the photograph and taken within the last six months. The photograph should be such that it allows unambiguous identification of the candidate (only JPEG image formats with file extension .jpg will be accepted).
• Scanned copy of candidate’s full signature on white paper (only JPEG image formats with file extension .jpg will be accepted).
• Qualifying examination certificate (XII marksheet), if appeared in 2016 (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
• Proof of Date of Birth. This could be copy of birth certificate, or copy of passport, or copy of Aadhaar Card or copy of X class marksheet/school leaving certificate showing DOB (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
• For candidates appearing in 2017, a certificate from the school/college principal in the given format (Annexure 1) should be uploaded (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted). The address, email and phone number to be filled in the form are that of the school/college. After you have scanned and uploaded the PDF of Annexure 1, keep the form safe. The same form is to be produced in original, as the photo ID along with the Admit Card at the examination centre on examination day.
• If the name is not same as in the Class XII certificate, gazette notification showing the change of name (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
CANDIDATES SEEKING ADMISSION UNDER THE OBC-NCL, SC, ST OR PWD CATEGORY
• OBC-NCL (Annexure 4), Caste (for SC), tribe (for ST) or PwD certificate (Annexure 2 or Annexure 3) issued by a competent authority (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
• The OBC-NCL certificate must be issued on or after April 1, 2016 and conforming to the latest guidelines of the Government of India. However UCEED qualified candidates when they apply for for B.Des admissions in June 2017, must submit an updated OBC-NCL certificate that is issued on or after April 1, 2017 and conforming to the latest guidelines of the Government of India. Visit www.ncbc.nic.in for the latest guidelines and updates of the Central List of State-wise OBCs.
PWD CANDIDATES REQUIRING SCRIBE AND/OR EXTRA TIME
• Disability certificate (Annexure 2) issued by a district medical board / competent authority (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
FOREIGN NATIONALS AND PIO/OCI CARD HOLDERS
• Nationality Certificate. This could be copy of birth certicate, relevant pages from the passport, or any other official Government issued document certifying candidate's nationality.
• PIO/OCI card holder would have to upload copies of their PIO/OCI document along with their Nationality Certificate (as above).
Services of a Scribe and Extra time
• The services of a scribe (amanuensis) are available to candidates who have disability in the upper limbs or have lost fingers/hands thereby preventing them from operating the computer for the exam.
• To avail this benefit, the candidate should select the option in the online application form and upload a copy of the PwD certificate (Annexure 2) at the time of online application for UCEED 2017.
• If a PwD candidate wants to avail extra time (maximum one hour), the same request should be mentioned while filling the application form. PwD certificate is to be uploaded along with such requests.
• The UCEED 2017 Committee will assess the request along with the supporting document & if found eligible, contact you via email with further instructions.
• If it is found that a candidate has used the services of a scribe and/or extra time, but DOES NOT possess the extent of disability that warrants the use of a scribe and/or extra time, he/she will be excluded from the process of evaluation, ranking and admission. If the candidate has already been admitted, his/her admission will be cancelled.
Candidates whose application is complete in all aspects will be able to download the admit card from this website from 26 December 2016, 17:00 hours.
The admit card will bear the following details of the candidate: Name, Roll Number for UCEED 2017, photograph, signature, examination schedule, examination centre details and instructions to candidates.
Candidates should carefully examine the entries in the admit card and in case of any discrepancy, contact the Chairman, UCEED 2017 at IIT Bombay before 9 January 2017, 17:00 hours.
In case the admit card is not available for download, the candidate should contact the Chairperson, UCEED 2016 at IIT Bombay.
A copy of the downloaded admit card should be produced at the time of examination.
Reservation of Seats
Indian nationals belonging to certain categories are admitted under the seats reserved for them in accordance with the rules of the Government of India. The categories and the extent of reservation are as follows:
• Other Backward Classes belonging to the Non- Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) - 27% of seats in the course. The backward class should be in the current central list of OBCs (http://www.ncbc.nic.in).
• Candidates belonging to the creamy layer of OBC are NOT entitled for reservation. Such candidates are treated as belonging to the OPEN (i.e., unreserved) category.
• Scheduled Caste (SC) - 15% of seats in the course.
• Scheduled Tribe (ST) - 7.5% of seats in the course.
• The benefit of reservation will be given only to those castes and tribes that are mentioned in the respective central list of corresponding states published by the Government of India. (http:// socialjustice.nic.in/sclist.php and http://tribal.nic. in/Content/list of Scheduled Tribes in India.aspx).
• The 3% reservation for PwD candidates is cycled over in a 4-year period, category-wise, as per rules pertaining to the admitting institute. If a PwD seat remains unfilled in a particular year, it will be reverted back to the category from which the PwD seat was assigned for that year.
• Leprosy-cured candidates who are otherwise fit to pursue the course are also included in PwD category.
• Candidates belonging to the OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD categories will be declared as qualified on the basis of a relaxed criterion [see RANK LISTS].
• Unfilled seats in the OBC-NCL category can be allotted to OPEN category candidates whereas seats remaining vacant under the SC and ST categories shall NOT be allotted to candidates belonging to other categories.
• The category chosen by a candidate at the time of registration for UCEED 2016 will be final and requests for any change of category will NOT be entertained at a later date.
• Candidates holding OCI/PIO cards are treated as belonging to the open (OPEN) category, and they will be eligible only for the seats for which everyone is eligible.
• Foreign nationals and OCI/PIO card holders are outside the ambit of reservation of seats under the OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD categories as specified herein.
The following table shows category-wise distribution of the available seats in Bachelor of Design (B.Des) programmes at IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati and IIITDM Jabalpur for the academic year 2017-2018: